Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Thanksgiving in Canada

AH! IT'S WEEK 3!!!

I can't believe how quickly this transfer is flying by! We're already almost halfway through! 

I finally got to meet most of our ward, and they're so awesome! Last night, we got a call from a member who wants us to come tonight to teach one of his friends! It's the first time that's ever happened to me on my mission, so it's super exciting!

We've been struggling to find new investigators the past two weeks, so on Sunday, we were fasting and praying that we could find two new investigators. We spent most of our Sunday out tracting and OYMing, trying to talk with everyone. It was getting close to the end of the day, and we still hadn't found anyone. We were a bit discouraged, but as we were walking to an appointment, Sister Snickers spotted someone working on their RV. We went over and talked to him for a bit, and he agreed to let us come back and share the message of the Restoration. Even though we didn't find two new investigators, it still felt good knowing that we did everything we could to achieve our goal!

We ate Thanksgiving dinner (in Canada, Thanksgiving is on October 10th) with the Whites, they're super cool! They invited their non member friend to eat with us too, so that was great!  Brother White asked me where I was from because he said it almost sounded like I had an Irish accent. Sister Snickers told me that I have a really bad Spanish accent when I try to speak French, hahaha, so who knows where I'm from! She did teach me how to say I want to sleep in my bed though this week...Je veux aller dormir dons mon lit! I can say two things now!


Sorry, this is a super short email, but we're going to the zoo with our zone, so we have to hurry! I love you!

Love,


Sister Dille




No comments:

Post a Comment