Monday, October 24, 2016

Mary Poppins & Rolling Skulls

Fall is definitely here!  It's officially cold!  The sweaters and coats are out!!

We had a really cool lesson with one of our investigators last week.  She's nine years old and her parents are less active, but she really wants to be baptized!  We invited her to be baptized on December 10th, and she said yes, but then she asked if her dad would baptize her and the Spirit just came so strongly.  Her dad shared his testimony with her of the Gospel and both of them were crying because it was so powerful!  Now, the whole family is working on being ready for her baptism and they want to get ready to go to the temple!  The Gospel is truly amazing.

Last Saturday, Sister Snickers and I got to be the ushers for a stake play (Mary Poppins, which was really good)!  On the way home, we were driving down a street (I should mention that the wind was blowing really hard) and a skull rolled across the road in front of the car.  I freaked out for a second and then I realized it was Halloween, haha!

This morning, I learned something really cool from the Book of Mormon!  I was reading in Alma 17 about Ammon when he smote off the arms of the Lamanites who were scattering the King's flocks.  I noticed that when talking about the Lamanites, the phrase, 'who were not few in number' is repeated several times.  But even though there were many Lamanites fighting against Ammon, he still won the fight, because he was on the Lord's side.  I learned that one servant of the Lord is more powerful than many servants of the devil! There is power and protection when we stay on the Lord's side!

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love,

Sister Dille



Me and Sister Snickers!

Switching Places

Fall is Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment