Monday, November 7, 2016

Christmas Has Come to Bowmanville!

Hey Guys!

This week was absolutely crazy and we learned a lot!  Our week got off to a rough start.  The people we were working with weren't doing so well, our lessons kept cancelling, we couldn't get ahold of our most solid investigator, and so many other things were happening.  Then, on Friday, we went to zone council and our sister training leaders did an instruction on obedience.  Our whole zone really felt like we could do so much better at being obedient and at being more diligent and urgent in the work. So, when Sister Snickers and I got back to Bowmanville, we were trying to be as obedient as we could, and we saw so many miracles!  We found two new investigators and our desire to do the work increased so much!  We were able to have a wonderful lesson on eternal families with our most solid investigator, and the miracles just kept coming!  On Sunday, one of our members brought her friend to church, and we were able to teach him the first lesson.  He wants to come back next week to learn more!  I heard once that obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles.  I can testify that it is true! The more obedient we are, the more the Lord can bless us!

Something really big happened this week..................after five months of practicing and trying and practicing and trying...I FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO KIND OF PRONOUNCE MY R'S IN FRENCH!!!!! I kind of want to learn French when I get back.  It's a really pretty language. Sometimes I make Sister Snickers speak just so I can listen.  If she speaks really simply and slowly, sometimes I can pick a word or two out.

One of my investigators from Brockville emailed me today, and her baby was blessed in Sacrament Meeting last week!  I was so excited!  I love hearing about how well she's doing.  One of our returning members emailed me too and her husband just received the Melchizedek priesthood!  In a few weeks, they're going to take out their endowments and be sealed.  I don't know how to explain how excited I am about that and I hope President will let me go.  They've worked really hard to get to the temple and now they're going to be sealed together!

Well, I think that's about it!  We had transfers last night, but we lucked out and didn't get a call!  We have another transfer together!

Love you!

Sister Dille



The Felipes and Bishop Barter

Christmas has come to Bowmanville!

The Baileys

No comments:

Post a Comment