Monday, November 14, 2016

A Restaurant Named After Me...But With The Wrong Spelling

Oh my goodness!  I forgot how cold it can get here!  Holy cow....we were out tracting the other night, and I thought to myself, "Self, it's really cold here!"  We have officially pulled out our winter coats and it's only November!  We're going to be in big trouble in a few more weeks when the temperature really drops!

Despite the cold, we did have a really cool experience last Saturday night.  We had been out tracting, it was dark, and the wind was really blowing.  We still had one more potential investigator to drop by, but I was about done with the whole tracting thing at this point.  Luckily, Sister Snickers set me straight (ha ha) and we had a really cool miracle that followed.  We knocked on Veronica's door, and she let us in (that hardly ever happens)!  We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and then she gave us chocolate cheesecake (all the tracting was suddenly worth it).  It was so cool.

Last week, we still had some time one night before we could go inside, so we went and OYMed down town.  There was a man sitting in his car, so we started talking to him.  Unfortunately he just wanted to argue with us and tell us all the things that were wrong with our church.  He told us that Joseph Smith was a false prophet and that we should really question our testimonies of the First Vision.  He also said we should go and burn the Book of Mormon Sister Snickers was holding in her hands.  We did not question our testimonies and we did not burn the Book of Mormon, because we know it's true.  The gospel has changed our lives and we can't deny that it's true.  We will have people like that in our lives.  People who will question what we believe andwho will try to get us to question what we believe.  But that's why it's so important to build our foundations on Christ like it says in Helaman 5:12.  If we build our testimonies on Him, we cannot fall.

Last week at district meeting, our district leader challenged us to study chapter 8 of Preach My Gospel.  He reminded us that this isn't our time, it's the Lord's time and we need to use it as fully and effectively as we can.  So this morning during studies, I started reading through it, and it was the answer to my prayers.  It was such a wonderful reminder that the Lord expects me to give Him everything and serve His children diligently for this short period.  He needs us to be as diligent and obedient as we possibly can be.

I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Sister Dille


I think it's so sweet of Bowmanville to name the restaurant after me....
It's just a little embarrassing that they spelled my name wrong!

This guy in our ward has the coolest way to pick up leaves I've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment