Monday, March 6, 2017

The Challenge Is My Answer!

Hi Guys!
I'm short on time today, so this will be a really quick email.
This week was really good. We had zone council on Friday and it was a really good meeting! I received an answer that I've been searching for for eight months! Last June, in our last zone conference with President Clayton (who will be speaking at this general conference! Woohoo! My mission president is speaking in general conference!) he left us a blessing that the desires of our hearts would be fulfilled on our missions. He told us, "I want you to go home and think very carefully about what you want. So I went home and thought for awhile about it, and one of the things I came up with was I want a really strong testimony of my Saviour. Since then though, I haven't been able to figure out how to develop a testimony of Him. In our meeting, they talked about a challenge that President and Sister Shields have just given to all of the missionaries. We've been challenged to read Jesus the Christ before the end of our missions. As they talked about it, I realized that the challenge is my answer. Our mission president promised that we will be able to understand our Saviour better as we read the book.
After zone council ended, we had interviews with our mission president (I only have four more left! AH) He promised me that if I would read it, I would have more peace, I would be more concerned about others, and I would develop a strong testimony of Jesus Christ. So I've made a plan to finish in the next six months. Wish me luck, haha!
In our interviews, President Shields was dropping hints to us about transfers. He was asking Sister Barrow if she knows the area well enough to handle it on her own. Then in my interview, he asked me how long I've been in the area. I told him 4 transfers, and he says, "Wow, you're about due for a transfer then!" NOOOOOO! So unless he changes his mind, this will be my last week in Bowmanville. :(
Peter set a baptismal date!!!! He's going to be baptized on March 25th! I'm so excited for him! We told him that transfers are coming up, so I might not be there, but I would try to get President's permission to come back for it if I leave. When he said the closing prayer, he prayed that I would be able to be there. It's so exciting when someone you teach accepts the gospel!
Well, I love you all! Have a good week!

Sister Dille

This is Brother Roman and Sister Solo...we had lunch with them on Saturday.

There's a holiday in England called Pancake Tuesday, so since Brother Fenton is English, and we happened to be at their house on the holiday, we got pineapple pancakes! Score!

These are the Spencer's and two of their grandkids, Dillon and Durrell.

Kinder egg day!

We bought each other a present, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment