Monday, December 12, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Sister Snickers

Hello!

Sorry, we have very little time to email today because of transfers so if you emailed me, I'm really sorry if I don't get a chance to respond to you today.

We had a really cool zone council on Saturday...it was the best and most spiritual meeting I have ever been in.  We learned about teaching better, finding joy in the work, having the language of faith, planning more effectively, and working with the members to find people to teach.  Every instruction answered a question that I've been struggling with my whole mission.  It was such a revelatory experience and the Spirit was there for sure!

So, before I tell you about transfers, allow me to share a funny story of the week that ties in quite nicely...Yesterday, we were having a wonderful day!  We were working in Newcastle, we had lunch with the Boulters, visited the Wojnicz family, the snow was falling (the really pretty sparkly kind that comes when it's really cold), and everything was going perfectly.  BUT, then we came home from Newcastle to finish weekly planning and do language study before transfer calls, and then we realized we didn't have the phone.  We prayed, emptied our bags, checked and double checked our coats, prayed some more, searched the entire apartment, looked in the car, and nothing!  We had our landlords call it, we checked with the appointments we had just been at earlier, and that little phone was nowhere to be found (it was also on vibrate, great...right?). Well, at this point, we began to panic a little bit because transfer calls were beginning in about three hours and we didn't have our phone if we got a transfer call.  In a final attempt to find the phone, we began searching in the snow where we had been cleaning off the car windows several hours earlier.  (Several inches of snow had fallen since then with plenty more coming down, so I wasn't very optimistic).  After searching for a few minutes, Sister Snickers pulled it out of the snow! I don't think I have ever been so relieved to find a phone in my life! Isn't it nice to know that God really does answer our prayers? :)

It's a good thing we found it too because unfortunately, we did get a call.  :(  Sister Snickers will be leaving me to go to Welland and I will be staying in Bowmanville.  I don't know who my companion will be until tomorrow morning, but I'll let you know next week.

Love you!

Sister Dille









No comments:

Post a Comment