Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Well, this week has been rather crazy, but it's been good.  We've seen so many miracles, so I'll try to remember all of them!

We started off the week by heading off to Brampton for transfers.  We woke up early on Tuesday morning, said our goodbyes, and got our new companions.  It was hard to say goodbye to Sister Snickers, but she'll be amazing in her new area!  I'm with Sister Barrow now.  She's from Ogden, Utah! (Utah companion #4, ha ha).  She's a really good missionary and I'm learning a lot from her about talking with people, teaching, and loving the people.

So our first big miracle this week...we were walking down the street and Sister Barrow asked me if we could turn around and go knock on a door we had just passed.  I said, "why, no!" And back we went.  A Scottish lady named Roberta answered and although she wasn't interested in our message, she did agree to let us come back and help her!  A few days later, we went back and ate lunch with her and helped her clean her house.

Another big miracle...we went to drop by a less active member and we had such a powerful, powerful lesson with her! There was one point in the lesson where Sister Barrow and I both felt such an overwhelming feeling of love for her.  We are so excited to work with her and be able to bring the hope of the gospel back into her life.

We've also had so many small miracles throughout the week that have helped us remember that God truly is helping us.  Last week, one of our zone leaders shared in a meeting, that he writes down miracles he sees everyday and it helps him to be grateful for what the Lord has blessed us with.  I started doing it, and it truly does help me to be grateful.  It's helped me see that even on the toughest days, there is always something that we can thank our Heavenly Father for.

Since it's Christmas, I wanted to share my testimony of the Savior.  I know that Heavenly Father truly did send His Son down to earth for us.  I know that He loves us and that He wants to help us.  I know that following His teachings is the only way to find lasting peace and happiness in this life.  I know that God's plan only works because of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and I know that He will never forsake us!

Merry Christmas!

Sister Dille

We helped the Bailey's with their Christmas tree!

Voila!

Bye bye Sister Snickers!  There's nothing like waking up
at 5:00 in the morning for transfers!

Holy cow! It's so cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment