Monday, September 12, 2016

Huge Spiders!

Hello, Hello!

After p-day ended last Tuesday, we had a lesson with our brand new investigator Mark! We found him on Monday morning outside his apartment building, so we started talking to him and invited him to our family home evening that night. He completely shocked us and showed up! On Tuesday night, we taught him the Restoration and invited him to be baptized, and he agreed (again, completely shocking us)! On Saturday evening, we had another lesson with him and we invited him to be baptized on October 29, and once again he completely shocked us and agreed! So cool! He showed up in the lesson in a white shirt and tie too, haha! Then he came to church yesterday all dressed up in his nice suit! 

On Wednesday evening, we drove down to Toronto for our zone conference with Elder Arnold. We carpooled with the Trenton sisters and it was so much fun! We got to drive through my old area, Cobourg, which I loved!!! It was POURING rain though! I literally could not see the lines on the road. We had to stop and get gas and there were HUGE spiders all over the pump. I made Sister Gariki push all the buttons and I stayed as far away from the pump as I possibly could.  I'm so nice to my companion, huh? Anyway, I got to drive to through downtown Toronto, and anyone who knows me well knows that I absolutely hate driving through big cities. We stayed the night with the Toronto YSA sisters and it was awesome, except their apartment had flooded and we couldn't use any water, so it made things a little bit interesting! The best part of the night though was the Bowmanville sisters stayed with us, which is where Sister Hunter is! It was so good to see her again and I got to meet the missionary from Belgium she's training, Sister Snickers. (She laughed at my French too...) :(

Elder Arnold's conference was amazing! He taught us a lot of things we need to do to get our mission moving forward. It was really cool though because one of the first things he said to us was, "This is a mission I can trust!" It was awesome! Elder Arnold is very bold and some of the things he's asked us to do are going to be a test of our obedience and commitment to serve the Lord, but the scriptures say that we must obey His words. Whether His words come from His own mouth or from the mouths of His servants, it's the same! (D&C 1:38).

On Sunday morning, we got a wonderful text from our investigator Erin! She had her baby! She let us come over and see really quickly, and the baby is just beautiful! Her baby has the same birthday as Bronson!! Woohoo! What a great day to be born, haha! We're so happy for her and we love her so much!
 
Sister Gariki and I got to give impromptu Sacrament Meeting talks yesterday. The speakers from the district didn't show up, so our branch president stood up and said, "I'm sorry, Sisters..." Haha, it was cool though because we both talked about the role of prayer in our missions. I wanted to share a scripture in D&C 98:1-3 really badly, but I couldn't remember where it was. Sister Gariki stood up and shared that exact scripture! As I shared my experience about how prayer helped me through the beginning of my mission, I realized how much God truly was there for me. I never would have made it without His help.

Well, I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week.

Love,
 
Sister Dille
 
Look who I found! SISTER HUNTER!


Birthday party, wearing some of Sister Gariki's Tahitian clothing!
Trenton sisters! The one on the right is Sister Bingham. We've decided that we're twins and we need to be companions some day haha. Her name is Maddy, she's from Meridian Idaho, and she has two younger siblings (a brother and a sister in the same order!)

The sunset when we got back from Toronto.

Sister Gariki though I needed to send you a picture of Walmart, so here ya go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment