Monday, June 20, 2016

Scraping Wallpaper

Hey Everyone!

We had a pretty good week. We had our first exchange of the transfer, and I went to Oshawa with Sister Mamarova (she's from Bulgaria). All of our appointments except two fell through, so we did A LOT of tracting and contacting. Since Sister Mamarova can't drive in Canada, I had to drive in an area I'm not really familiar with. Oshawa's a pretty big city too, so I was a bit nervous about it, but I didn't crash the car, and we both lived, so I guess you could say it was a successful exchange!

So Sister Hunter and I had a bit of a scare this week with our investigators Will and Marsha. They called us on the phone and they told us that they didn't want to be baptized anymore. We were really nervous that we were going to lose them, but they agreed that we could come see them that evening. We just went and we asked them questions and we really tried to listen to their concerns. It was a really powerful lesson, and we were able to figure out what they need to progress. It really taught me the importance of having the Spirit with you and of loving the people you teach!
 
Oh, Sister Hunter and I have been working on a service project for a member in our branch. Her name is Jeannie, and she's from Florida, so she has a really cool southern accent. Anyway, we helped her take down wall paper in her living room because she wants to paint it and brighten up the room (actually, it's really sad because she's doing it for her husband who has terminal cancer. She doesn't want him to have to die in a dark room so that's why she's doing all of this work). There were like four layers of wall paper on those walls! We're still working on it with her. It's crazy!  We love it though because Jeannie is hilarious and she keeps you entertained the entire time!
 
On Sunday, our investigator John came to church for the first time! We were able to meet with him on Saturday and teach him about the Restoration of the Gospel, and it went really well. While we were there, he told us that he found his own copy of the Book of Mormon, and we were like 'whoa, this guy's cool!' It was super awesome!

Something I've learned a lot about this week is the importance of the Book of Mormon. The past few weeks have been kind of stressful and challenging, but as I've turned to prayer and the Book of Mormon, I've really felt peace and it helps me to remember that no matter what, everything will work out.

I love you all!
 
Sister Dille
 
 
 
Me & Sister Hunter



We finally finished scraping the wallpaper at one of the member's homes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment