Monday, March 21, 2016

Moroni's Challenge (This one's for you Brother Nordgren)

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well! We had a busy week here in Cobourg. A lot of our lessons fell through unfortunately, so we spent a lot of time contacting and tracting. We found a new investigator named Yasmine. She is super nice and she has a very powerful testimony of God and how He gives her direction in her life. She's a very sweet lady and we are excited to meet with her again.

We also had exchanges this week with our Sister Training Leaders. Sister Spiekerman went to Osahawa with Sister Mousley, and I stayed here in Cobourg with Sister Bott. I had to drive for the first time and I was pretty scared, but the car is still in one piece and all went well! :) Sister Bott is very good at contacting and I learned a lot from her. I'm excited to go try to practice the things she taught me.

I had a very neat experience at the beginning of last week. About three years ago, Brother Nordgren challenged us to take Moroni's challenge during class. In Moroni 10:3-5 it reads, "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." I tried taking the challenge for a few days, but nothing happened, and eventually, I just gave up trying. Several days ago, I was studying the Plan of Happiness in the Book of Mormon for a lesson we had later on in the evening. As I was studying, the Spirit touched my heart and a peaceful feeling came over me. I knew without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true, that it does testify of the Savior, and that God does have a plan for all of His children. I know that He truly does listen to our prayers and that if we listen, He will answer.

I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for all of your love, prayers, and support!
Sister Dille
This is one of my STL, Sister Bott. She's from Idaho too, but her family just moved to Baker City! She only has one transfer left before she heads home.

Here's a picture of Lake Ontario. Apparently, the water is super gross, but people still swim in it. 

We found a potato sign while we were contacting! I think Canada's a little bit confused as to who really has the ultimate potatoes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment