Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter, Ice & Teaching

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a happy Easter! We had a crazy week here in Cobourg. We had two ice storms come in that made it a bit difficult to work, but they were still cool. The trees were all coated in ice and they would start creaking every time a breeze came through. The sidewalks were super slippery because they were one big sheet of ice. 

We had zone conference on Wednesday and we learned how to weekly plan more effectively. It was really great to be able to learn from other missionaries. We really learned how important it is to focus on other people and how we can meet their needs, because missionary work is all about how we can help other people. I've been working on trying to do this. It's so important for us to be able to learn how to have charity for the Lord's children.

We had a really cool experience this week when we were teaching one of our investigators about the Plan of Salvation. We were talking to her about the resurrection and about how every single person will be able to receive a perfect, resurrected body just like the Savior. It touched her heart so much because she has cerebral palsy and she was really excited to be able to learn that someday, that trial will be taken away from her. After learning about Heavenly Father's Plan for His children, she also told us that she's not afraid of death anymore. It made me so happy that the gospel was able to help her in this aspect of her life. The gospel really is for everyone and it really does bring peace and joy to our lives.

I also learned an important lesson about faith this week. My mission president told me that missionary work gets a lot easier when we learn to rely on the Lord. We have to go out and do our best, but rely on Him at the same time. The Savior Himself said "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." I love how the Lord really does want us to rely on Him and to have faith in Him. If we let Him help us in our lives, there won't be any trial we can't overcome.

I hope you all have a great week! I really appreciate all of your love and prayers!

Love,
 
Sister Dille
 
 
Thanks to the Hoopes', Uncle Tobie & Aunt Darcie, Grandma Mo & my family for all of the Easter candy!


This is a layer of ice that was on our window. It took us almost 20 minutes to scrape all of the ice off our car!

Haha, one of the members in our ward gave us chocolate bunnies for Easter! :) 

The entire sidewalk is a layer of ice!! It made tracting a bit tricky. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment