Tuesday, February 21, 2017

We Will See Our Loved Ones Again......

Well, guess what?! The transfer is halfway over already! I don't know where the time goes, honestly.

But this week was really great! No more ice or snow storms, thankfully. It's actually been like 12 C the past few days and it's so nice! We've been out working in jackets. It sure makes the work a lot more enjoyable, I'm tellin' ya! 

We had our first district meeting of the transfer on Wednesday. We talked about different ways we could start conversations while we're talking to people. We've been trying to use some of them, and it must be working because we found two new investigators this week! We're really excited about it!

We also had a lesson with our investigator Peter on Wednesday. We read in the Book of Mormon with him, and it was a great lesson. 

I had a powerful experience with the Book of Mormon this week. The first few days of the week were really rough for us. Both of us were completely exhausted, the work was difficult, and it was really difficult to stay motivated and keep working. I remember getting down on my knees and pleading with the Lord for help, because I didn't know what else to do. I opened my Book of Mormon to Alma 26, which is one of my favorite chapters. I've read it several times before when I've struggled on my mission, and it's helped me a lot. As I read it this time, so many wonderful principles stood out to me, but one in particular really hit me hard. In verses two and three it says, "And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell? Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work." I noticed as I read, that Ammon was grateful simply because he was able to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. He wasn't grateful because they found a lot of new investigators of had a lot of baptisms. I thought that applied really well. I just need to be grateful for the things the Lord has blessed me with, and not worry about everything else. The Book of Mormon is such a great way for us to receive answers to our prayers!

I had another cool experience on Sunday. We had a less-active member who came to church, and she stayed for the Sunday School lesson. We were talking about what happens after we die. When the lesson was over, she came up and told us about how she had lost one of her children before he was born. She wanted to know if she would ever have the opportunity to see her baby again. The teacher told her that because of Heavenly Father's plan, she would be able to see her baby again. She burst into tears, and it was so special to see how much it meant to her. It made me realize how much I take God's plan for granted. We're so blessed to have the knowledge that God really does have a plan for each of His children.

On Friday, we got to do a service project for some members in our ward. They were moving honey into new, clean containers, and let me tell ya, it was a STICKY process! It was so much fun though. They let us take a little bit home, and Sister Barrow was really happy about it!

Yesterday was Family Day up here, and we got to go help some members with their basement. We've been working on dry walling, mudding, sanding, and painting, and we're making so much progress! We're almost to the point where we can put colour on the walls! 

Anyways, I think that's about all for the exciting things that happened this week. Have a great week!

Love,
 
Sister Dille
 
 
Here's the honey project at the Fenton's!  It was so much fun!


Here's our district!

This is Sister Clark.  She's the member who is letting me borrow her violin..

                                           We got to volunteer at the soup kitchen in Oshawa, and we thought the                                              hair nets were so attractive, that we would send you a picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment