Thursday, February 11, 2016

Day Two at the MTC

Hi Everyone!

It's only my second day here and they already gave us a p-day! Yesterday was really great. We already got to practice teaching a little bit. We had three investigators: Jose, Elsie, and Lisa. It was really cool to try to understand their trials and then comfort them as we invited them to come unto our Savior, Jesus Christ. The most important thing I learned from this activity is missionary work is not about me. Missionary work is really about helping others and doing the same things the Savior would do if he were here.
My companions are both really great (I'm in a trio, which is super cool). Sister Meservy is from Brigham City (she's a CNA too!) She'll be flying out to Canada with me in about two weeks (we leave on Wednesday the 24th, I think). Sister Marsh is my other companion and she's really great too. She's actually going to New Zeland, but her visa isn't here yet so she's hanging out with us for a little bit and helping us learn. There are two other sisters in my district, Sister Kehrer and Sister Giles. They're both really awesome too!
We have classes every day and there are teachers assigned to each district. Our teachers our Sister Olson and Brother Pemberton. They're both really great too!
So far, I really love the MTC. There's just a very strong and comforting Spirit here and everyone is so nice and willing to help. Oh, Dad, they still do the dork dots. They're actually kind of fun to wear because almost every single elder and sister you pass says, "Hi Sister, welcome to the MTC!" 
I love you guys! Hope to hear from you soon!

Love,
Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment