Monday, August 21, 2017

Seeketh Not Her Own.....

Hey Guys!

This week went by so fast! I can't believe it's already week 6 of the transfer! I'm trying to remember what all happened...

Tuesday was kind of a weird day...all of the departing missionaries went to Brampton and we had a career orientation, a temple trip, dinner with the Shields, and a testimony meeting. Some of the missionaries went home early so they flew out the next morning, but the rest of us went back out to work so it was kind of weird to have a day where we were supposed to think about home, hahaha. It was a super good meeting though and I loved the temple trip. The testimony meeting at the end was really neat because we were all sitting in the same room we sat in when we first got to the mission, sharing our testimonies. It was really cool that we all made it, and I loved hearing about how our missions have strengthened our conversion to the gospel.

I learned a really cool lesson on charity this week. I've been studying it a lot this transfer and I've been trying to develop it. While I was studying one day, I read in Moroni 7:45-48. Verse 45 and 46 really stood out to me. "And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail— " I've read that scripture many times before, but it really hit me this time! I learned some really neat things from some of the phrases I didn't understand before. 
  Seeketh not her own = we're accepting of everyone, even when they're different from us. 
  Is not easily provoked = not easily angered/irritated. 
  All things must fail = (this part is the gospel according to S. Varty and Dille, so it may not be 100% correct, haha) eventually, we won't really need faith/hope anymore because we'll have a perfect knowledge when we dwell with God, but we'll always need charity. 
I was also studying in 1 Corinthians 13 and I learned that even if we have great knowledge, great faith, and do great works, we are nothing if we don't have charity. It was such a cool study. I definitely know that this scripture is true! I know that having charity helps us to hope and endure all things! I've seen such a big difference in my life the past week as I've tried to develop charity.

On Saturday, after our English class, we gave a chapel tour to some of the students. Seven out of the ten stayed, so that was pretty cool! At the end of the tour, we asked if anyone would like to come to church with us. One of the students, Saida, said she would like to come. (She's a really sweet lady from India). Sunday morning rolled around and in came Saida to church! It was super cool! =) 

Sister Varty and I had a goal to find three new investigators this week, so by the time Sunday came, we had found two. After church, we sat down to plan and set the goal to find one more. We only had about two hours to find though because we had a lesson with an investigator, and we had to make up all of our studies. After our lesson, we went out tracting in an area we felt prompted to work in. We started knocking, determined to find a new investigator. At about six or seven doors in, a Muslim couple named Ali and Maha opened the door. We started talking with them a little bit (we asked them where they were from and he goes, "the moon. And she's from the sun.") They invited us in and we got to share the Book of Mormon with them. It was really neat! In the end, they didn't become new investigators, but they let us leave them a Book of Mormon, and we felt like we were still successful even though we didn't hit our goal.

Okay, now for my favourite part of the week! So on Saturday, Sister Pat came to the baptism for Kamran and she seemed to like it. On Sunday evening, we went to a lesson with her and she started telling us about how she loved how calm he looked when he came up from the water. She talked about how she felt a spirit of love and unity that she doesn't really feel that much at other churches, and she talked about how she felt an inner peace. THEN! She says, "I'm gonna baptize soon." I think my jaw hit the floor and my heart rejoiced! We've been trying for months to help her accept the invitation to be baptized! It was one of the happiest lessons on my mission! Progress has been made! And now, she's praying about a baptismal date!

I love you all!
 
Sister Dille
 
 
We went tracting with Brittany (One of the young women...she is awesome)!

Pictures from our exchanges with the Hamilton Sister Training Leaders.

All of the departing missionaries had to go to meetings on Tuesday, so I saw Sister Holmstead again and we got to ride with President and Sister Shields, so we thought we'd take a picture because it was cool!

Opening my last kinder egg!

We went on a run this morning down by Lake Ontario!







This is our new convert, Mark.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment