Monday, July 11, 2016

Five Months!

Hey Everyone!

This week went by really fast because we had transfers and zone council, so we spent lots and lots and lots of time in the car! My new companion is Sister Gariki (she's from Tahiti)! She speaks French and I'm helping her learn English, so it's definitely a new experience for both of us. She's tried to teach me how to say some things in French, but I sound so American when I pronounce them it's ridiculous! 

Anyway, transfers were definitely an adventure. I realized once we got to the stake center that I didn't have a GPS, my new companion didn't have a GPS since she can't drive, and I had no idea how to get back to Brockville from Brampton. It caused a slight panic attack, but thank goodness for Sister Training Leaders! They had an extra one, so we made it back to Brockville safe and sound. I also got to drive through Toronto for this first time (it's a little bit different than driving through little Weiser). I didn't crash the car though and only got lost once, so I'd call it a successful trip!

Something that has really impressed me about Sister Gariki so far is her amazing faith. On the ride home, one of the first things she said to me was "Sister Dille, do you have faith that we will see a baptism this transfer?" Then, on Saturday night, we were trying our best to get our investigators to church so we could hit the standards of excellence for this week. We had set up rides, called people, sent out reminder texts, etc. We knelt down to pray and ask the Lord to bless our efforts, and Sister Gariki looked me in the eye and asked, "Sister Dille, do you have faith that the Lord will help us?" The next day at church, two of our investigators came and it really strengthened my testimony that if we do everything we can, the Lord will help us!

Oh, also at church yesterday, our investigator came up to us after relief society, and she asked if it was too late for her to pay her tithing this month! I have absolutely loved watching her progress to this point and her faith is incredible! When I first got to Brockville, she was really struggling, but over the past few months, she really has exercised her faith by continuing to come to church, read the Book of Mormon, and now through paying her tithing. Oh my goodness, I just love being a missionary and watching the Atonement soften peoples' hearts and change their lives!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Dille


We had a mission "birthday party" last night because Sister
Gariki and I hit five months in the mission field. Woohoo!




Pancake party!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go Sister Dille! Love reading of your experiences. I'm sure your mom and dad love reading about your driving experiences too. ;)

    Keep up the great work! Love Aunt Kimi

    ReplyDelete