Monday, May 29, 2017

Chocolate Chip Cookies & Tender Mercies....

Hey Guys!

We had a busy week, and it went by so fast! We had two exchanges this week, so we felt like we weren't really companions. On one of our exchanges though, we had such a cool tender mercy!

I was with Hermana Karpa and we were walking to Sister Lau's to help her with her English class and it was POURING rain. We were completely soaked, and I found out that my raincoat isn't as waterproof as I thought, hahaha. The water from skirt was dripping down my legs into my boots and the wind was blowing so hard we couldn't use umbrellas. It was great! ;) It made us appreciate dry clothes and shoes a lot more. So we got to the appointment, shared our message, and then started putting our coats/rain boots back on. Sister Lau was like, "sisters, I drive you home." Tender mercy! We were able to go back to our apartment and have enough time to put our stuff in the drier. Then for tender mercy #2, we had talked about chocolate chip cookies that morning walking to Sister Lau's, and all day I wanted chocolate chip cookies so badly! We went to another appointment at Sister Miner's house and when we stepped in the door, she was putting cookies in the oven, and they just so happened to be chocolate chip. :) She told us that she felt prompted to make them for us. The Lord is so good to us.

Yesterday, we were on a car fast, and we met the most hilarious people! We met this older guy who was wearing a cowboy hat and jamming out to rap music while he cleaned his pick-up truck. We met this young mom walking down the street pushing a stroller, so we said, "Hi! How are you?" She said, "I'm not interested!" (Kind of a strange mood to be in). Then we knocked on this door, and a lady opened. We asked how she was doing and she told us, "I'm really angry. Why did you knock? I have a doorbell right there and you didn't use it." Then we offered to do free housework for her and all hard feelings cleared up. She's going to let us come back in two weeks as long as we don't try to convert her... ;) 

We went to downtown Toronto this morning, and it was so cool! There were so many people. We got to see the CN Tower, Union Station, the waterfront area, a cool park with old trains, and a bunch of cool people. It took up a lot of our time, so I probably won't have time to email a lot of you back, but I love you!

Love,
 
Sister Dille
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment